Saturday, January 13, 2007

Fall and Winter 2006

Fall semester was busy with lots of instruction. Good to re-acquaint myself with the Biology dept again...old friends and (the mark of a true librarian) a wonderful database, Biological Abstracts. I remember when it was in paper, that rotated index in the back that no one wanted to use. As a matter of fact, I remember using it as an undergrad....rather, trying to use it and leaving the SF State Library in frustration. Never dreamed in 1968 that I would work in libraries! My occupational goal was to hike in the woods....my son Emil has realized my dream, see his friend Leslie's blog about a day in the life of a forester www.happyadventurer2.blogspot.com
My OT class was great this year. Students inOT are wonderful folks, working to bring occupational equity to all kinds of people. I required a telephone consultation this time...spent at least one hour on the phone with each student and really got to know them better. Online courses are convenient for a lot of reasons but I miss the one-to-one time.
I will be on sabbatical during Spring semester and will keep up with SJSU Library through this blogging thingie.

4 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations on setting up the blog and the sabbatical. Happy Trails. Virtual Services Team -- Sue

Happy Adventurer II said...

Hello, This is Lesley! I'm really glad you enjoyed my blog. I had a wonderful time going out into the field with Emil. Why don't I have a picture of myself up? I guess it might be because I like to leave the reader with a sense that they are experiencing it themselves but mainly, I never like how I look in photographs! :)

Anyway, happy blogging!

Happy Adventurer II

bear said...

Tina: liked your first entry...it gave me an idea of who you are that I had not seen before...I loved Leslie's description of her day in the woods. It has been a wonderful (sometimes rocky) trail this fall and more to come.

bear

LaSeal Djonz said...

Good set-up. Interesting to read about Emil's work. Lesley takes some great pictures.